Thursday, October 25, 2007

Swallowship

It's a new word our team thought Grace should adopt. When people at Nairobi Chapel get together, they get together for fellowship and swallowship. We all thought that was a pretty clever term for eating together. Granted, each of us had five hours or less sleep in us, but I think we'll still think it's a fun word tomorrow after a good night's sleep.

Well, as you can read, we made it!

I think all of us are still having a hard time believing we're in Nairobi, Kenya. Perhaps once we have a few more hours of sleep in us we'll feel it. For me, Julie, it's a little hard to believe, especially since I just ran into Lynne Padget at the coffee shop. How strange is that!?!? (for those who don't know, Lynne is a fellow Grace attender in Indiana.)

We had a little adventure at the Paris airport last night. We were close to missing our flight. However, had we not had the luggage identification issue that we had, some other luggage of ours would have been left in Paris. God works in mysterious ways. :)

The flight to Nairobi was pretty smooth, but none of us slept really well. Once we arrived in Nairobi, we went to one of the host homes for breakfast and to freshen up. At 10 am we left to attend the children's ministry networking conference. We survived through tea, but I think we all struggled to stay awake until lunch time. The session after lunch was more interactive and I think we all were doing pretty good.

Pray for Cyndy on Friday around 3 (Indy time) in the morning. Ok. If 3 am is too early for you, you can pray for her tonight too. She is speaking tomorrow around 10:20am, I believe. Pray the technical stuff will work ok too, as she wants to show them the "Who will...?" video we used for recruitment. We had a few technical issues with another speaker's video today, so we are going to try her video on my PC tomorrow.

I was trying to upload a couple pictures from Paris, but it didn't work. The first time, the power went out in the coffee shop. The second time, it decided I needed to add something. The third time, it was just taking too long. So, I will try to add a few in the next day or two. I hear Chuck has some good pictures, so I'll work on getting some of his up on the blog.

That's all for now. Goodnight.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Grace Team - we are missing you guys already and not sure how the halls will be this weekend without each of you. Just know all of you are in our thoughts (really wishing we were there!) and prayers. Can't wait to see all the pictures. Be safe and soak up as much of Africa as you can and bring it back to us.
Take care - The Horton's

Anonymous said...

Hello GKC team,
I just found the link to the blog tonight and am glad to hear of all that you've been up to. I have been and will continue to pray for each of you. Good luck to Cyndy! (and the tech stuff)
And I have to say an "I love you" to Mike.
Alison Poorman

Mom said...

Hi everyone, Glad you had a safe trip. Anxious to hear about it. Julie, I found the blog,!! read Rene's greeting, but now your blog page comes up in Dutch. Thinking and praying for all of you and your special tasks. Love , Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone! I've been praying every morning and night for you guys! ANd Mimi, I love you a whole bunch and miss you already! I hope the trip is amazing and that you learn a lot about each other and yourselves. Can't wait to see all of you!
Love,
Emma Schroedle

Alison, Mike, Maddie and Caleb said...

Good Morning, or Afternoon I guess. Maddie and I are missing you a ton Mike! And we missed seeing everyone around church this week.
Alison