Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Crazy busy blessed beyond measure

Imagine beginning the day yesterday in a primary school packed with kids and having the privilege of worshipping and sharing Jesus (public school!) for thirty minutes in each age level- Michael wowed the kids in his age level with his proficiency with "rap"- he had them jamming! Then imagine a whole day of six GKC people madly scrambling on sessions for our conference in one small room- this one talking with that one, and then that one talking with the other one- amazing unity! It was a beautiful work of the Lord. We did have a break to go eat Swahili food and visit the Beacon of Hope gift shop, and then back to work! At 3pm, we felt we needed ten more hours, and then by God's grace, we finished by 6pm. It is going to be a great conference!! God is good! Hey, did I mention we really love each other? Not that we didn't before! But the team is like a well-oiled machine, working, laughing, loving, praying- it is a beautiful work of God!! Now we are packing up to head to our conference center where we will live until Saturday, all together. We are supposed to be cohabitating the space with giraffes, elephants, monkeys, etc. We will let you know if we find one in our bathroom!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you ALL for going to Africa. You're being prayed for.

It's neat to hear that you were able to get things pretty much in order for the conference - praying for the conference as you are now in the middle of that.

BTW, I'm looking forward to hearing Michael rap sometime!

Praise music in the chicken coop...hmmmm...maybe you're on to something. :)

Praying for the rest of your trip and I'm anxious for my "sunshine" to come home.

Sending each of you my best (but I'm sending MaryBeth a kiss too!),

Gary

Mom said...

Hi Smilinblueeyes, Thanks again for keeping us up to date. We feel conected with you thru all your messages.
Did you find any monkeys/ giraffes to keep you company?
We continue to pray for all of you. Love Mom.

Alison, Mike, Maddie and Caleb said...

I hope to hear from you all soon about how the conference went, and about the safari once you've gotten to do that. I've prayed that it would all go well and was glad to hear how being there for a few days before your conference helped you to make it more applicable to the people there.

And an "I love you to Mike".